Home Instructions Before
Please adhere to these guidelines to get ready for your oral surgery that involves IV Sedation.
- Ensure you abstain from eating or drinking anything (this includes water) for a full eight hours before your scheduled appointment. Refrain from smoking at least 12 hours prior to your surgery. For optimal results, it is recommended to decrease or quit smoking well in advance of the surgery day.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the clinic, stay in the clinic while the surgery is being performed, and take you back home after the procedure.
- For 24 hours following the anesthesia, the patient must refrain from driving any vehicles or operating any machinery.
- Ensure you wear clothing that is loose-fitting and has sleeves that can easily be rolled up past your elbows, as well as shoes with a low heel.
- At the time of surgery, it is necessary to remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures.
- On the day of surgery, please refrain from wearing lipstick, heavy makeup, or nail polish.
- If you are dealing with an illness, such as a cold, sore throat, stomach issues, or upset bowels, please inform the office in advance.
- If you are on regular oral medications, it's important to consult with Dr. Beltran before your surgery date for specific instructions.